Cannot open scanned file on Safari via 1Password.

mconder
mconder
Community Member

Using my iPad and iPhone, I access my mail forwarding service account via the 1Password Safari browser. Upon my request, the service can scan the contents of my mail and I can look at the image. However, when I click the link to the image via the 1Password Safari browser, I find myself in a new tab back at the sign in page of the mail forwarding service. This wasn't an issue a week or two ago. Yet if I go to Dolphin and copy/paste the info from 1Password, then I have no problems. How can I fix this? Is this an iOS 8.4.1 update issue?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:can't open pdf files on safari

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mconder: It's certainly possible that the iOS update caused this, as 1Password (like any app) is only using Apple's Safari webview for its browser. However, it's equally likely that something on the website itself changed — it could be something as simple as the MIME type.

But sometimes you can work around issues with problem sites by simply changing the user agent in the app to 'lie' and tell it you're using a desktop browser:

1Password Settings > 1Browser > User Agent

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• mconder
    mconder
    Community Member

Beautiful, Brenty. I changed the setting and also found something else:

When I clicked the link "view scan" on the site I'm working on, it was opening another tab that took me back to that pesky sign on screen.

WORKAROUND: By touching and holding "view scan," then choosing "open," my document opened in the same tab instead of another.

1. Touch and hold view scan
    2. Choose open instead of the default open in new tab

Thanks for getting back to me. Cheers!

Michael

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mconder: That's awesome! I'm glad I was able to help, but I also really appreciate you sharing that tip. It may be of use to others in the future as well. :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.