Prompted for 1P password every time in Safari

budsimrin
budsimrin
Community Member

On my iPad, I am prompted for my 1P password in Safari almost every time I go to Sharing and select the 1P app. I have autolock set for 30 minutes, but I am usually prompted for my password even if I immediately return to 1P. I tried opening the 1P app and leaving it open, then returning to Safari to see if that would help, but that made it worse. I mostly got the error message "Error Loading one password extension" but occasionally 1P would correctly load without re-requesting a password.

I had the PIN Code option in 1P disabled, so I enabled it but the results were the same.

1Password Version: 5.4.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iod 8.4.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @budsimrin,

I'm really sorry to hear about the trouble. I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your iOS device:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/ios.html

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• budsimrin
    budsimrin
    Community Member
    edited August 2015

Thank you, Ben. I sent in the diagnostic report a few moments ago. However, I find that 1P is working perfectly again today on my iPad. so, perhaps this was an intermittent but hopefully rare problem.

ref: GQB-23846-723

• Thanks for the update, budsimrin! :) If the problem continues, please reply to that email with a fresh diagnostic report.

This discussion has been closed.