It would be nice to have a folders/files vault in 1Password instead of attaching files to notes.

niavolys
niavolys
Community Member

It would be nice to have a folders/files vault include in 1Password instead of attaching files to notes. Maybe you can implement a new type of folder named file vault and allow drag and drop of files. The display of this kind of new folder can be larger file icons. After this new implementation, 1Password will manage all the stuff the I need to be secure!

1Password Version: 5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:It would be nice to have a kind of a folder/files vault inside of 1Password instead of attaching

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2015

Hi @niavolys,

Thanks for taking the time to send us your request! We occasionally receive similar suggestions/questions about that from other users. I'll be happy to pass that along to our developers, but I also wanted to explain that 1Password really wasn't designed as a file storage solution. It's meant primarily to securely store your (text-based) private data, like usernames, passwords, bank account info, credit card numbers, website addresses, and so on. Although 1Password allows you to add files as attachments to your items, it's not intended to store or sync large collections of files. Now, that doesn't mean we'll never add a feature like you suggested, but I wanted to give some insight as to why that isn't the way it currently works.

We actually have another Mac app called Knox which is specifically designed to help create secure vaults for your files, so you might like to take a look at that to see if that would be helpful for you. I understand that it would be convenient to have something like that built into 1Password, though.

Thanks again for your feedback about that, we really do appreciate it! If you need anything else, we're here for you. :)

• niavolys
    niavolys
    Community Member
    edited August 2015

Thanks a lot for your detailed answer.

I guess the ideal software is a merge of 1Password and Knox. Maybe you can offer a Knox extention inside 1Password, I have no problem to pay for Knox if it is integrated/compatible with 1Password. So all my secure stuff would be found at the same place.

This way, I would be able to put a personal or frequently used vault into 1Password and maybe larger vault outside 1Password or something like that.

Have a nice day!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @niavolys,

Thanks for the additional feedback! Integration between 1Password and Knox has been suggested before by some other users, and it's definitely an interesting idea. I don't know whether or not there are plans to do that, but I can certainly forward your request to our developers.

Thanks again! :)

This discussion has been closed.