What is that "Checking" account icon?

And what is the purpose with account Type?
What is that icon for "Checking" account I see in "Bank Account"?
Looks like a funny-looking radio with some kind of blue antenna?

Once upon a time, people used checks. At least in Europe, it must have been at least ten years ago when they disappeared completely -- I haven't seen one since early 90s. Are they still used in the US?

According to Wikipedia, an account, originally used for checks, nowadays goes by one of the names: transactional account, checking account, chequing account, current account, cheque account, demand account, demand deposit account.

Such a transactional account is often connected to an automatic banking machine that may be called something like: automated teller machine, cash machine, cash point, bank automat (or in Sweden bankomat).

What is the purpose by the popup menu providing a fixed set of predefined values for Type such as: Checking, Saving, Line of Credit, ATM, Money Market, Other? In practice, the account could be for any one or any combination of those purposes, or any other purpose not in this list!?

Comments

• The icon is a checkbook with a blue pen with a signature on the check. The top brown part is the cover being pulled back.

Checking accounts are still very popular in US and in many cases, it is our main source of funding. We also use a debit card associated with our checking accounts. Checking accounts are also used for direct deposits, it’s a program that let companies transfer money into employees’ accounts without writing up a check, which saves money for both the companies and the employees with lower fees.

Checking accounts are not the same as Savings, ATM, and other types that you mentioned. For an example, the ATM account isn’t restricted to the checking account that you own. I can authorize a second member to my checking account, that second member can only access my account via an ATM card. So, that second member only has the ATM account information and in 1Password, he or she would set the type to ATM account but he won’t have the information that a checking account has.
This discussion has been closed.