Firefox 4 1Password Toolbar?

I have been using 1Password on my mac for quite sometime and absolutely love it. I saw FF4 came out today and tried it on my mac. Love it works very well and so does 1Password with it. I soon later installed 1Password for FF4 on windows and noticed something different no toolbar.(http://i.imgur.com/0u3Pz.png) I was wondering if there is suppose to be one and it is just missing for me or is there not a toolbar for windows? If there isn't I think it would be a good feature for later versions of 1Password.
Thanks

Comments

• Fooligan
    Fooligan
    Community Member
    Hi SeandD,

For right now, expect to see some differences between the Mac and Windows versions of the 1Password software. The Agile team has indicated that this is something that they want to close the gap on in future releases.

See this post: http://forum.agile.ws/index.php?/topic/3956-usaa-fill-login-doesnt-work/page__view__findpost__p__22903
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    SeandD, welcome to the forum!

I believe Firefox on the Mac is the only one of all the browsers supported by 1Password for Mac and 1Password for Windows that includes a dedicated 1Password toolbar. I've disabled it on my own machine, because I already have easy access to 1Password through the 1P button in the Firefox toolbar (as is the case with the other browsers I use: Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Safari).

As for the differences between our 1Password products for Mac and Windows, here's a bit of background from Why doesn't 1Password for Windows look like 1Password 3 on my Mac? in the FAQ section of the user's guide:

Work on 1Password for Windows was begun many months ago, when 1Password 3 was still in beta development, and the decision was made to base the design and features of 1Password for Windows on the product that was current at that time, 1Password 2. We’ve moved way beyond that in features, already, but the look and organization are still closely matched to 1Password 2.

Please be assured that we plan to introduce many of the features and much of the look of 1Password 3 in future releases of 1Password for Windows.

We’ve already begun that work with the recent addition of an Accounts vault in 1Password for Windows, in which your Account items originally were listed in the Wallet vault.

I hope that helps, SeandD!
  • Still looks great. Thanks for the reassurance. Still 1Password is amazing.
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks, SeandD!
  • DBrown wrote:

SeandD, welcome to the forum!

I believe Firefox on the Mac is the only one of all the browsers supported by 1Password for Mac and 1Password for Windows that includes a dedicated 1Password toolbar. I've disabled it on my own machine, because I already have easy access to 1Password through the 1P button in the Firefox toolbar (as is the case with the other browsers I use: Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Safari).

I hope that helps, SeandD!

I cannot see how to turn the Tool Bar off. I agree i think the 1P button is adequate.
    How do you turn that added Toolbar?

Also, FireFox gave me a "1Password" will be disabled because it is not compatible with FF v4 message when i first updated to FFv4. But i dont see any problem or much difference.
    What was that about?
  • Fooligan
    Fooligan
    Community Member

I cannot see how to turn the Tool Bar off. I agree i think the 1P button is adequate.

Hi Terry,

This is controlled in FF and not through 1Password. If you right click in the 1Password toolbar, you will see a menu where you can select which toolbars are shown. Uncheck the 1Password toolbar and it will go away.

• I cannot see how to turn the Tool Bar off. I agree i think the 1P button is adequate.
    How do you turn that added Toolbar?
    In addition to Foligan’s suggestion, you can also turn it off on the Mac by going to the View Menu > Toolbars and unselect 1Password on the list in Firefox.

Also, FireFox gave me a "1Password" will be disabled because it is not compatible with FF v4 message when i first updated to FFv4. But i dont see any problem or much difference.
    What was that about?
    There are two 1Password extensions for Firefox, the one designed for Firefox 3 and the other one for Firefox 4. When FIrefox was updating to 4, it went through all of the extensions you had and it saw the 1Password extension for Firefox 3’s max version flag was set to 3 only, so it warned you that it’ll be disabled. When you opened Firefox 4 for the first time, only the 1Password extension for Firefox 4 will be loaded while the Firefox 3 extension is disabled. That’s why you didn’t notice any difference in the end.
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Just a note to late arrivals ;) that the last few posts above are talking about the 1Password for Mac extensions for Firefox 3 and 4, even though this is a 1Password for Windows forum. (Conversations do that, sometimes.)
  • Fooligan
    Fooligan
    Community Member
    DBrown wrote:

Just a note to late arrivals ;) that the last few posts above are talking about the 1Password for Mac extensions for Firefox 3 and 4, even though this is a 1Password for Windows forum. (Conversations do that, sometimes.)

This is becoming such a blur to me nowadays anyway. At work, I find myself using my iPad in the factory cleanroom to remote desktop to my Windows machine in my office, which runs certain work related programs and also a remote desktop session to my iMac for others while talking on my iPhone. And yes, I actually see this as a huge benefit compared to how I had to do things 5 years ago!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Fooligan wrote:

This is becoming such a blur to me nowadays anyway. At work, I find myself using my iPad in the factory cleanroom to remote desktop to my Windows machine in my office, which runs certain work related programs and also a remote desktop session to my iMac for others while talking on my iPhone. And yes, I actually see this as a huge benefit compared to how I had to do things 5 years ago!

I agree on all points, Fooligan. I run 2 or 3 Windows virtual machines on my Mac, which blurs the edges even more.

It's a lot more convenient than swinging from one computer to another used to be! I still have about 8 feet of desktop space, though I now use only about 2.5 feet for my single MacBook Pro and external monitor. :)
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

... FireFox gave me a "1Password" will be disabled because it is not compatible with FF v4 message when i first updated to FFv4.

Welcome to the forum, Terry!

We're not able to reproduce that problem, here. At least two of us have upgraded to FF 4 and not seen that message from either Firefox or 1Password.

I'm sorry not to have a more helpful answer for you. :(
This discussion has been closed.