sign in with google account entry in 1password?

Is there a suggested way to put an entry into 1password for sites that I elect to use Google Account/Authentication with, so I don't have to remember that's what I did?

For example, https://discussions.agilebits.com/ gives me choice to create an account on the site, or use my Google Account. I used Google. In six months, when I come back and ask 1password for the username and password to sign in, can it say "Use Google, Fool!" or the equivalent?

Since I used GA, 1PW does not prompt me to ask to remember the site credentials. How do I create a manual entry that show up in the browser extension when I am on site?

Comments

• Hi @David Eves,

If you use your Google account to access our forums (the same should apply elsewhere too) what you should find is when you come to log back in, you follow the normal steps of visiting out login page and on that page there will be a button titled Sign In with Google. When you click that button you're actually taken to Google's standard login page at https://accounts.google.com/.... What this means is when it comes to filling your Google Login should be used because the URL matches.

Now the question of being reminded that you need to authenticate with Google and not log in to an account registered directly with us... That's more interesting. Off the top of my head, if that seems like the sort of thing that you could easily forget then one trick would be to create a dummy Login item for our forums. You could set the username to "Use Google!" and set the submit setting to Never submit. That way you would fill, but the page would remain with the only visible difference being the username field now says "Use Google!", hopefully a visible enough clue.

What 1Password can't do I'm afraid is force you to use the Sign In with Google so we need to find a trick that allows you to remember you don't have an account with us. Does that idea sound like it has any merit at all? It literally was the first thing to pop into my head as I always create individual accounts - one of my many idiosyncrasies :smile:

This discussion has been closed.