How to save/fill a site with a split password

Options

Hi,

It is possible to have 1Password fill in a password which is split over 3 fields, for example when a site asks for letters 3, 5 and 9 from your password and each character is a separate field. I've not been able to get this to work even when manually saving a new login. I've also tried manually adding the fields with both the ID and the name of the field that needs to be filled out but with no luck. As more and more sites are using this type of login 1Password is becoming less useful for me so I hope there is a solution.

1Password Version: 5.3
Extension Version: 4.4.3.90
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    Options

Hello @jamied,

Is it safe to assume that the site changes which characters are being requested each time you attempt to log in? Is it a bank by any chance as I've only ever seen them make people jump through these hoops. Sadly we don't have a way of handling these particular pages as there is no standard for identifying the required indexes and banks are usually quite reluctant to make their pages easier for others to interact with. Now in our beta version we're looking at the use of a Large Type view with indices to help the user manually fill the page. I don't know if it will help at all when it arrives but you might find it useful. I wish I could report better news but those types of pages are really tough to work with. Sorry about that.

This discussion has been closed.