1password Keeps asking to save the login

bstmk
bstmk
Community Member

I am not sure if its a bug but 1password keeps asking me to save the password for the websites that I visit almost constantly even though I have them saved already and the login information hasn't changed. I do have the extensions Safari extensions as well.

How do we rectify this?

Comments

• Hi @bstmk,

Does it happen on all sites or just a single site? If a single site, the reason might because the site keeps changing the names of the login form, which makes 1Password think it is a different form each time, thus prompting to save your data constantly.

If it is happening on all sites, then that's definitely unrelated and a much bigger issue.

Can you tell us which OS X and the 1Password app version you're using? Also, which browser you're using and the 1Password extension version installed for that browser.

• Jewelya
    Jewelya
    Community Member

Hello, I have this same problem. I use 1Password on my MBP and multiple mac devices and sync with dropbox. Recently, I loaded 1Password on to a new desktop and it always asks me to 'save' etc....for all logins.

Please advise :)

PS the new system is a new-to-me but used iMac running yosemite.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Jewelya,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue as well! Our first step in narrowing this down is to collect some version information from you. Could you please let us know the following:

• What is the version number of 1Password that you have installed? (This can be found in the 1Password menu > About 1Password)
    • Which browser are you using and what is its version number?
    • What is the version number of your browser extension? (This can normally be found in the browser’s preferences, in the ‘extensions’ pane.)

The more detail you can provide, the more quickly we'll be able to get you sorted out! :)

• Jewelya
    Jewelya
    Community Member

Hello,

I use Safari 8.0.8 on both my MBP and iMac; browser extension is 4.4.3; and Version 5.3 is 1Password.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Jewelya,

Thanks for the info! Just to make sure I understand, you synced your 1Password data to the new iMac (via Dropbox) so it has all the same Login items as your MBP? And the new iMac asks you to save new Login items for websites, even though you already have existing Logins for those sites? And finally, this problem only happens on the new iMac, not on your MBP?

If you have all the same Login items on both Macs, but the problem only happens on the iMac, something must be different there, but I'm not sure what. Are you prompted to save a new Login item on all sites, or only some of them? If you choose to save a new Login when prompted, are you asked again to save another new Login the next time you sign in on that site? Also, when the problem happens, is 1Password locked or unlocked?

Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.