I wish to purchase more license for my Family, what is the most cost effective way of doing this?

Options
ITSNev
ITSNev
Community Member

I could not find any email address for sales support, so have no choice but to come to the forums.

I have my own license that I use on all my devices, Windows, Macs, PC, iPhone, iPad etc, but would like to purchases License so my Partner and Son can do the same. Whats the best way to do this please.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I wish to purchase more license for my Family, what is the most cost effective way of doing this?

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Your Windows and Mac licenses permit as many as five more family members in the same household to use your license without additional charge. Just have them install the desktop version of their choice and use the same licensing method you used. If you bought the Mac license from Apple, you'd need to set up Family Sharing and include your family members in the group.

The iOS app is a little different. It's free to download and use in its basic form. But the more advanced Pro features require an in-app purchase. That can then be used for all the iOS devices using the same AppleID. Unfortunately, there is not way to share them with family members, because Apple doesn't permit Family Sharing for in-app purchases.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I have my own license that I use on all my devices, Windows, Macs, PC, iPhone, iPad etc, but would like to purchases License so my Partner and Son can do the same. Whats the best way to do this please.

Indeed, hawkmoth is correct. I'll also add that Family Sharing is a nice option that Apple offers, but they don't currently allow in-app purchases (such as 1Password for iOS Pro Features) to be shared in this manner. You can also find more detail in our knowledgebase:

1Password licensing

I hope this helps. Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.