Ctrl+\ not working [1Password needed whitelisted in Webroot SecureAnywhere]

Options
zbhana
zbhana
Community Member
edited September 2015 in 1Password in the Browser

I have gone through the Support Article for Ctrl+\ not working but I still can't get the shortcut to work.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.584
Extension Version: 4.6.0.584
OS Version: Win 8.1 Pro
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: kb-search:right click, kb:missing-extension-button, kb:keyboard-shortcut-not-working

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @zbhana,

Can we learn a little more about your situation please. I think knowledge of your preferred browser and the browser's version could be useful and I'm curious to know if it's just the keyboard shortcut that isn't working or if the extension isn't working at all i.e. can you fill if you click on the 1Password extension icon or if you right click on a field and select the 1Password menu option from within the browser. Hopefully something in there will help us learn what is happening and we can get this resolved :smile:

• zbhana
    zbhana
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    I am using IE 11.0.9600.17905. Both the shortcut and the extension aren't working. So 1Pass doesn't appear as an option via right click.

• zbhana
    zbhana
    Community Member
    Options

I just did an uninstall and reinstall and still not working. Tested in Chrome and right works along with the Ctrl+. So just IE isn't working.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @zbhana,

Can you check something for me please. If you look in Tools > Manage Add-ons (The cog icon in the top right hand corner is the Tools menu), what is the status of the two entries for 1Password? I don't have Windows 8 to test with but I do have IE 11 in Windows 7 which is working well. Hopefully we just need to figure out the blip and we'll have you back on track :smile:

• zbhana
    zbhana
    Community Member
    Options

Both say enabled next to them.

• zbhana
    zbhana
    Community Member
    Options

Here is the Chrome snip showing the 1Pass option from the right click within the username field

• zbhana
    zbhana
    Community Member
    Options

Here is the IE snip showing no 1Pass option from the right click within the username field

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @zbhana,

Sorry about all of this. So as you've shown, everything looks like its good in IE in terms of the extension being enable. Now the IE extension is very different from the one in Firefox and Chrome and it turns out it doesn't have a contextual menu option like Firefox and Chrome do so apologies for not correcting you after you said IE was your preferred browser. As such the screenshots in your last post are normal behaviour for both browsers.

There are two things I like you to check for us please. In the window bar if you right click you should see the following IE menu.

If you enable the Command bar you should see the toolbar menu that I've highlighted to the left of the menu. If you do this does the 1Password IE button become available and does it respond if you click on it? Similarly, does the keyboard shortcut alt + ctrl + \ result in the 1Password menu?

The purpose of alt + ctrl + \ is to bring up the 1Password menu no matter what while ctrl + \ is about filling an existing item. Hopefully one of these helps get things working in IE so I'll be looking forward to hearing back from you.

• zbhana
    zbhana
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I have attached the snip as neither respond when I click on them. alt+ctrl+\ works and opens the 1Password menu. However Ctrl+\ does not.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @zbhana,

Does this sound accurate? while alt + ctrl + \ does open the menu I'm thinking it doesn't offer valid Login items as an option or fill if you attempt to do so.

I'm leaning towards the idea that something local, such as a firewall or proxy is blocking communication between the 1Password helper and the extension although whatever it is it does seem to be localised to IE. Here is a link to a small list of anti-virus programs that we're aware of. Each is a link itself to a page on that program. I would start with the link for Microsoft Windows firewall and proxy settings as maybe it's a proxy issue.

Does any of that look like it could be applicable?

• zbhana
    zbhana
    Community Member
    Options

I run Webroot so I will give that a try and see if it works.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @zbhana,

Hopefully we're closing in on the issue and that we'll get things up and running again soon!

• zbhana
    zbhana
    Community Member
    Options

Adding them to the Application list on Webroot did the trick. Thank you!

• littlebobbytables
    Options

Greetings @zbhana,

That's great to hear that you found the source of the interference and thank you for letting us know of your success too :smile: Hopefully it all work smoothly now.

This discussion has been closed.