1Password Pro for IPAD

Restore Backup
Hi,

I have an IPAD with 1Password Pro. I have had to restore the IPAD to it original new state and am now trying unsuccessfully to restore one of the backup I have made. I am also using a macbook pro which has 1password for Mac on it.

I have followed the instruction for restoring the backup but nothing happens. I have noticed that 1Password for Mac creates backups with the ext .agilekeychain while the Ipad ext is .1ptbackup. I am trying to restore the IPAD backup (.1ptbackup).

Can you help

Regards
R.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2011
    Welcome to the forums, R. I'm sorry that you are having this problem.

Because of iOS’s multitasking features, it maybe that your information isn’t visible immediately upon restoring a backup. To remedy this, either restart your iOS device or fully quit 1Password and restart it:

1. Press the Home button to return to the Home screen.
    2. Press the Home button twice, quickly, to invoke the application switcher.
    3. Press one of the icons in the application switcher until they start to jiggle.
    4. Tap the red Close icon in the top-left corner of the 1Password icon to fully quit 1Password.
    5. Restart and unlock 1Password to view your data.

I hope that helps. Please let me know.

Thanks!
  • Hi Khad

Brilliant thank you very very much, such a simple answer.

One other think is there a simple way of syncing my Mac and IPAD 1password to have the copies of each others entries.

again thank you very much for that.

Regards
    R.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    I'm glad that got things working for you! :-D

Please take a look at our Dropbox sync guide to keep your 1Password data in sync automatically.

If there is anything else I can help with, please let me know.

Cheers,
This discussion has been closed.