Improvement suggestion

Options
steffe67
steffe67
Community Member

I would like to have the ability to sign in to 1Password with Touch Id with a different set of fingerprints than the global setting.
For instance, I would like to give the rest of my family the ability to unlock my phone, but not the ability to unlock 1Password. Would this be possible?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    Options

Hi @steffe67,

Sorry, the Touch ID framework doesn't allow for anything like this at the moment. When we use Touch ID all we do is ask for authentication and it returns saying yes or no as it's a very simple API. It will be the same for Apple Pay and anything else that uses Touch ID - iOS is very much a single user operating system and simply isn't designed with what you have in mind at the moment. I was going to suggest the passcode but that information would allow a person to do pretty much anything on your iOS device including turning off Touch ID and a host of other changes.

If that doesn't concern you then you could have them unlock your iPhone with the passcode while you exclusively use Touch ID but Apple would have to make big changes to allow what you want at the moment. Sorry :smile:

This discussion has been closed.