iPhone 5 1password app won't open

Options
christinedncr
christinedncr
Community Member

I click on the icon and it expands as if to open and then quickly closes. I have tried turning off phone & turning on again. The same things is happening with Facebook, google maps, but other apps are fine. Do you have a solution please?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @christinedncr,

If the problem is happening with multiple apps it is likely there is an issue with the phone, vs an issue with the apps. A couple questions:

What version of iOS do you have installed?
    Do you have a backup of your 1Password data?

Thanks.

Ben

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

@christinedncr - Have you tried restarting your phone? If I had a problem like that affecting several apps, I'd be sure I had done that, If you've already thought of that, then never mind.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Indeed. If restarting hasn't helped (full shutdown and power up, rather than a soft reset), it may be best to contact Apple for assistance.

My other thought is that I've seen this behaviour when my iPhone runs out of storage. It's possible that a factory reset might be needed, but Apple would know the best way to proceed to get apps running again. This sounds like a Springboard crash, since they aren't opening at all.

• k_bar
    k_bar
    Community Member
    Options

I am experiencing the same issue. Try to access the app and it flashes then closes. I am not experiencing any other issues with other apps. I have tried to restart iPhone, hard start and even reset to factory settings. I have plenty of space on the iPhone. Can someone please advise? I have everything in that app

• Hi @k_bar,

Have you used the App Store to update to the latest version?

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.