When the new big release is planned?

Options
jhospes
jhospes
Community Member

Hello, I would like to buy your product, but I have read that I will pay again when you will upgrade to the new big version. Your app is right now in version 4.6.0.585 and I am afraid to buy it to realize, that next day I will have to buy it again, because of your big release... (and I do not know what the price will be, because for "upgrade licence" I am able just to see that "price varies"). Could you please inform me about your release plan details and your price policy ( I am just a single user and I will use your app on windows PCs and maybe on my android phone).
Thanks a lot for your answer.
Have a nice day.

Jan

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2015
    Options

Hello, I would like to buy your product, but I have read that I will pay again when you will upgrade to the new big version.

@jhospes: That is entirely possible, though I cannot say for certain since no such thing exists at this time.

Could you please inform me about your release plan details [...]

No.

[...] and your price policy ( I am just a single user and I will use your app on windows PCs and maybe on my android phone).

Yes! We license our software on a per-platform basis, so for example a single 1Password for Windows license entitles you (and up to 5 other family members living in the same household) to use 1Password on all of your PCs.

Your app is right now in version 4.6.0.585 and I am afraid to buy it to realize, that next day I will have to buy it again, because of your big release...

One thing I am certain of is that we offer a very generous grace period for free upgrades for customers who purchased recently. If you bought it a day, a week, or a month (and often more) prior to a new release, that would be a free upgrade for you. Anywhere else, you could just ask for a refund within the 30 day guarantee period, but we don't like to make our customers jump through hoops just because they decided to support us in the days prior to a new major release. ;)

I hope this helps. I'll also send you a private message, so be sure to check for that. Please let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.