login deleted when replacing...

camner
camner
Community Member
edited December 1969 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac
I went to a site I hadn't visited in a while and the login method had changed. So, I typed in my credentials into the web page, right-clicked and selected "Save login." When prompted by 1P to create a new login or to replace the existing login, I chose "replace." Then the login entry simply was gone from 1P! It didn't exist anywhere, not in the trash, nor in the list of "all" logins!

I went to Time Machine and restored the 1P folder, and that put things back to the status quo ante.

I then repeated what I had done before, and this time, when I chose "replace," 1P created a new entry, so I had two...the old one and the new one.

It strikes me that neither one of these actions is what SHOULD have happened....

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited May 2010
    Camner

This particular (login failing to show up) problem has gotten a few of us, I am sorry for your trouble. Usually emptying the Cache resolves such problems and forces 1p to reload its data. You can find it in your preferences or the 1p menu bar under help >troubleshooting > clear cache.

Personally I have seen this happen only once, and the clear cache worked for me. Well after a few min of desperation about retrieving an almost lost generated password I remembered the clear cache. whew I felt better after remembering it.

Anyway I digress, I hope this fixes you up.
  • camner
    camner
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Thanks very much for the tip! I'll try the cache trick the next time this happens (if there is a next time....).
This discussion has been closed.