Installation on phone after factory reset

Options
Venkit
Venkit
Community Member

I factory reset my phone and need password stored in my vault to sign into my google id. Without google id i am unable to go into playstore to download 1password software
My vault is synced with dropbox and dropbox is installed on my phone

Please advise how to proceed

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Venkit. The easiest way to access your vault without access to the 1Password app when you have your vault saved in Dropbox is to use 1PasswordAnywhere.

Just log into https://www.dropbox.com in a web browser. Locate the 1Password.agilekeychain folder and open the 1Password.html file you find inside. After logging in with your Master Password you should be able to view and copy passwords from there.

That said, we do recommend having a handful of important passwords that you can remember, in some cases. That will help in instances like this, where you don't have access to your 1Password vault but need a password. Since I sync using Dropbox, my Dropbox login is committed to memory, as I'd hate to be unable to sync my vault because I couldn't first login to Dropbox. My Gmail account is also committed to memory, for the exact reason you've brought up.

I hope this helps! Let us know if you have further questions. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.