focus on search field upon startup...

I have both 1Password for Mac and Windows. One feature I use frequently is the built-in search. When you first launch 1Password (in Mac), the search field automatically has focus, so you can just start typing the first few letters of the item you are looking for. At any other time, just press ⌘F on your keyboard to focus the search field and then start typing. Is there a way to have 1Password for Windows behave this way. I know you can hit ctrl+F...but i would like it to initially come up like that. I enjoy (in Mac) just typing in my master pw and then the first few letters of what I'm looking for? If not, is it feasible to put this option in your request list?

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    NateDogg, welcome to the forum!

We're constantly improving 1Password for Windows, and it helps us to know what our customers would find useful. Though they'll always leapfrog each other in features, it seems likely that 1Password for Mac and 1Password for Windows will continue to look and behave more and more similarly, as time goes on.

See Why doesn't 1Password for Windows look like 1Password 3 on my Mac? in the FAQ section of the user's guide for a bit of background.

Thanks for your suggestion!
  • Just another "vote" for this UI change. Making the search box visible (at all times) and defaulting the cursor to it is a good "use case" for many many users, I'd bet. I know it would aid my use of the tool.

New to 1Pass (I'm a trial user, actually) but I'm liking it a lot.
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks for letting us know, JayB, and welcome to the forum!
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    NateDogg wrote:

I have both 1Password for Mac and Windows. One feature I use frequently is the built-in search. When you first launch 1Password (in Mac), the search field automatically has focus, so you can just start typing the first few letters of the item you are looking for. At any other time, just press ⌘F on your keyboard to focus the search field and then start typing. Is there a way to have 1Password for Windows behave this way. I know you can hit ctrl+F...but i would like it to initially come up like that. I enjoy (in Mac) just typing in my master pw and then the first few letters of what I'm looking for? If not, is it feasible to put this option in your request list?

I have made the following modification. When the Find panel is up (Ctrl+F) then it is going to persist across 1Password sessions. In other words: when you close down 1Password and the Find panel is up then when you re-launch 1Password, the Find panel is there and it has input focus. To be included with 1.0.5.BETA-179.

• I have made the following modification. When the Find panel is up (Ctrl+F) then it is going to persist across 1Password sessions. In other words: when you close down 1Password and the Find panel is up then when you re-launch 1Password, the Find panel is there and it has input focus. To be included with 1.0.5.BETA-179.

Stefan, I just re-read my post and realized I never posted a 'thank you'. Thank you, this works great and I appreciate your team taking value in your users suggestions. :)

Thanks again for a great product! Keep it up!
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks for the follow-up, NateDogg!

We definitely want to hear our customers' suggestions and requests, so keep 'em coming! :)
This discussion has been closed.