Can I import my passwords from Blur to 1Password?

Animehunter
Animehunter
Community Member

Hi

I currently use an extension called Blur from http://abine.com/ and I'm considering transferring to 1password and was wondering if it's possible to import the csv from them to 1password?

Can you also confirm what license I would need, I'll be using it on 3 pcs, 1 tablet with windows 10 & 2 android devices.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

Hi @Animehunter ,

It might be possible to import the CSV data; I haven't looked at the Blur export format to be certain.

It looks like you are going to be using Windows. The 1Password for Windows CSV importer will only handle the Login records; it won't be able to import the email, identity or credit card types that Blur might export.

Depending upon the robustness of their export format, a converter might be written, and it would support everything that Blur exported. Have a quick read of the first post to see if you'd be interested (and perhaps download the converter and read the README file).

I'll leave your licensing questions to the AgileBits gurus.

• Animehunter
    Animehunter
    Community Member

Hi @MrC

Thanks for recommending me the converter, I've had a look at the read me file and unfortunately it doesn't seem to be able to convert the Blur CSV file.

If possible I would certainly be interested in it.

To help hear a screenshot of the the layout the CSV provides, minus the sensitive info of course

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited September 2015

@Animehunter ,

No, there is not yet a Blur-specific converter (yet).

However, the 1Password for Windows CSV importer will read those entries. See importing data and check out the CSV section.

If there are other types of entries (e.g. Credit Card), you'll have to remove those first from the CSV.

• Animehunter
    Animehunter
    Community Member

I created a test account in 1password and found that it's not actually that different all I needed to do was rename the heading and reposition them.
    and, when I came to import them I found 1password already had something that recognised the Blur CSV and all I had to do is tell it where each bit of info was

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

Sweet!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Animehunter: Yes! Legit CSV is awesome! :chuffed:

Can you also confirm what license I would need, I'll be using it on 3 pcs, 1 tablet with windows 10 & 2 android devices.

We license our software on a per-platform basis, so you'd only need a single 1Password for Windows license for your PCs (including the Windows 10 tablet, and this also covers up to 5 other family members living in the same household). 1Password for Android is a free download with an in-app purchase for Premium Features. This is a one-time purchase tied to the Google Account, so that will determine whether you need to pay for it for each device. I hope this helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.