Cannot restore or buy Pro Features

joco
joco
Community Member

everytime I try to buy (or restore my pro features, which I have bought) I am getiing an error

You can only get in-app purchases for apps associated with your appleID.

I am signed in with my AppleID on the store so I don't know whats going on

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:pro-features-faq

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @joco,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with the Pro Features! It sounds like you previously used the in-app purchase to buy Pro Features for 1Password 5 on a different iOS device (or perhaps the same one)?

Do you happen to have multiple Apple IDs? If so, were you logged in with the correct Apple ID (the one that originally purchased Pro Features) when you installed (or reinstalled) 1Password on your device? Are you still logged in with that same/correct Apple ID now? You need to make sure 1Password 5 for iOS was installed using the Apple ID that you originally used to purchase Pro Features, and you'll also need to be sure you're still signed into that same/correct Apple ID. If you installed it with one Apple ID and then switched to another one after the app was installed, trying to restore Pro Features will give you an error.

While you're logged in with the correct Apple ID, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling 1Password on your iOS device, and then see if you can restore the purchase. Before deleting the app, make sure you have all your 1Password data synced or backed up somewhere else. If your 1Password data is up to date on another device, in Dropbox, or elsewhere, that's fine. You can also save a backup to your computer by following the steps here: Creating and restoring 1Password backups in iTunes (iOS)

Then, simply delete 1Password 5, and install it again from the App Store. Open the app and go through the setup, then go to Settings > Pro Features and try again to Restore Purchase.

If that doesn't work, is the error from your message the one you see when trying to purchase Pro Features, restore your purchase, or both? If each option gives a different error, what is the exact error for each option?

Let us know how it all goes, thanks!

• joco
    joco
    Community Member

Yes I reinstalled the APP and I'm sure I purchased the Pro features with the same APPLE account Im using now.. since i only have one.

And yes I get the same error message whether I try to BUY pro features NEW or restore them.

"You can only get in-app purchases for apps associated with your appleID."

• joco
    joco
    Community Member

Ok I got it working.... sort of, Now on the watch it says You can add items from the 1password app on your phone... Requires Pro features,,, even though they are enable on the phone app.

• Now on the watch it says [...]

Okay. How about on the phone?

• joco
    joco
    Community Member

Yes it is enabled on the phone. When I goto that screen it say Pro features PURCHASED

• Perfect. :) Now you should be able to follow this guide:
    https://support.1password.com/guides/ios/apple-watch-setup.html

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• joco
    joco
    Community Member

Ah didnt realize you had to add items to the Watch...

• joco
    joco
    Community Member

all fixed

• Perfect! Thanks for the update joco. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

• JimmyD
    JimmyD
    Community Member

I am having the same problem. I purchased the Mac-Win bundle with Knox in July 2014. I also purchased the Pro Features update from the iTunes store a few months later. Although I can update 1Password on my iPhone and iPad, when I request restoration of the Pro Features, I get the same error message mentioned above. I contacted iTunes store support, who told me to contact Agile Bits. I am signed in on the same AppleID that was used to purchase the upgrade. What to do?

• Hi @JimmyD,

Is it possible you were logged into your device using a different Apple ID when you first installed 1Password (i.e. One different from the one you purchased the Pro features with)? In order for the Pro features to restore correctly 1Password must be installed while logged into the ID that purchased the Pro features.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.