Why are my logins are not appearing when I unlock 1Password in Safari?

Options

When I click the browser extension on my Safari toolbar and log in, there is no data - no logins, nothing in the wallet, no data appearing at all. It was working fine several days ago; the problem just occurred today. There was a red "alert" symbol and I've saved the troubleshooting report that came up when I clicked on it.

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: 3.9.20
OS Version: OS X 10.10.3
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Why are my logins are not appearing when I unlock 1Password in Safari?

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    Options

Greetings @patricia_schaeffer,

The red alert symbol means the 1PasswordAgent cannot be contacted. Now normally even if this happens you should still be able to see the contents as in 1Password 3 the extension maintains a copy of your vault (still encrypted of course). It almost sounds as if the extension's files held inside Safari's support folders have been wiped. What do you see if you do the following.

1. Open a Finder window.
    2. Use the keyboard shortcut `⇧⌘G to open a Go to Folder... window.
    3. Paste in the following path and click the Go button. The path is ~/Library/Safari/Databases/safari-extension_com.agilebits.onepassword-safari-2bua8c4s2c_0

Do you see a file in there that ends in .db? If you do and it's in the area of 45KB in size then it would indicate that it's an empty file and somehow the old one is gone. As long as the extension and 1Password were synchronised beforehand though it doesn't matter.

If this is the case, the first thing I would try is a reboot of the Mac. It probably won't help but it's always worth trying as its easy to do and only in very rare cases can it have a negative impact.

After that, if there is no evidence of the previous extension .db file then you may have to uninstall the extension, close Safari and re-install a fresh copy. If a fresh copy is failing to connect there is a menu option in 1Password 3 that might help kickstart it, the menu option is Help > Troubleshooting > Restart Helper.

Now if you see anything but a .db file around 45KB in size in that folder then please don't follow these steps as maybe we can get the extension to use it. Instead if you can post with what you find and we will take it from there.

This discussion has been closed.