Master password not the same on iPhone/iPad as Mac/Windows

Editguy
Editguy
Community Member
master password is not synced, can be different on each platform
I just got the iPad 2 today and installed everything I had on my iPhone to to the iPad. I used Dropbox to sync 1Password, but I can't get passed the initial login. It won't accept my password. My friend also has an iPad 2, and he is not having a problem logging into 1Password, and he also uses Dropbox to sync. I didn't perform any other steps apart from syncing in iTunes.

Any thoughts, or do I need to wait for the patch?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2011
    Welcome to the forums, Editguy. It sounds like your issue is unrelated to any iPad 2 issues some users have experienced.

Where exactly are you having trouble with the password? Is this your master password to open the 1Password app on your iPad or your Dropbox credentials?

Please let me know.

Thanks!
  • Editguy
    Editguy
    Community Member
    khad wrote:

Welcome to the forums, Editguy. It sounds like you issue is unrelated to any iPad 2 issues some users have experienced.

Where exactly are you having trouble with the password? Is this your master password to open the 1Password app on your iPad or your Dropbox credentials?

Please let me know.

Thanks!

I figured it out late last night. Because the interface was similar to the desktop version, I was automatically putting in my desktop password. On my iPhone I have the use a passkey and a password, but this iPad version is different. Working now.

Thanks
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks for updating the thread! I'm glad you got it sorted out. :-)

Your Master Password does not have to be the same between 1Password for Mac/Windows and your 1Password iOS app(s). Many users like to have a less-complicated one for 1Password iOS apps because of the interaction using the much smaller virtual keyboard. Because they do not have to be the same, they are never synced from one device/platform to another.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Cheers!
This discussion has been closed.