Fidelity login not filling username

This discussion was created from comments split from: Fidelity logins broken [cause was AdBlock extension].

Comments

• msridhar
    msridhar
    Community Member

Hi there,

I'm seeing an issue on Fidelity.com recently where the 1Password extension will auto-fill my password, but not my username. I see this behavior across Mac browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Safari). Is there any information I can provide to help debug further?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@msridhar: I'm splitting this off into a separate discussion, since it doesn't sound like you're using ad blocking software. But be sure to let me know if that's not the case.

It sounds like you may simply need to save the login manually for the site so 1Password to save additional information from the form. Just try these steps:

1. Navigate to the website
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Tap the 'keyhole' icon to bring up the extension
    4. Click the 'gear' icon
    5. Click Save New Login
    6. Give it a name and Save
    7. Close the webpage and select your new login from the extension to have 1Password Go & Fill
    8. Submit the form manually if you have autosumbit disabled

And if you're still having trouble, be sure to tell me the OS, 1Password, and browser versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action.

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, the exact URL you're using may help. Thanks in advance! :)

• msridhar
    msridhar
    Community Member

Saving the login manually mostly fixed the problem. One thing I had to do was go in and fix the username. The Fidelity site has some code that obscures your username with JavaScript (changing some characters to '*'), so I had to go into 1Password and fix the username field to be my original username. With that fix, things are working. Thanks for the tip on manual login saving!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Saving the login manually mostly fixed the problem. One thing I had to do was go in and fix the username. The Fidelity site has some code that obscures your username with JavaScript (changing some characters to '*'), so I had to go into 1Password and fix the username field to be my original username.

@msridhar: Ahh yes. I've encountered this with some of my own Logins. Good catch, because sometimes you're just used to seeing the ****. :p

With that fix, things are working. Thanks for the tip on manual login saving!

Thanks for the update, and the editing tip that may help others as well! You're most welcome! It sounds like you should be all set, but we're here if you need anything else. Cheers! :)

• cap30
    cap30
    Community Member

I'm new to 1Password but I can't get my login and password to work with my Fidelity account. I've tried manually entering the info and it won't work. Please help.

• Greetings @cap30,

Can you tell us a bit more about what you're running please, the following may help.

1. What version of 1Password are you running?
    2. What is your preferred browser and the version of that browser?
    3. What version of the 1Password extension is installed?

I'm running 1Password 5.3 on Yosemite and if I created a Login item by following our guide, How to manually save a Login I had to edit the username field as Fidelity use JavaScript to partially obscure the username. I also created a basic Login item (one from within the main 1Password window) and entered https://www.fidelity.com/ as the URL. Both of these Login items seem to correctly fill both the username and password field but of course testing is tricky as I don't have an account there. On the surface though the fields seem correct after filling. Maybe you have a different setup - the answers to those questions will help us understand :smile:

• cap30
    cap30
    Community Member

Hi - Problem solved. I had to change the link from fidelity.com to the specific login page. FYI - I am using 1Password version 5.3.2 and using Safari with the extension I downloaded today.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Hi - Problem solved. I had to change the link from fidelity.com to the specific login page.

@cap30: Ah yes! That certainly helps! Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that did the trick for you, but don't hesitate to reach out if you encounter any other issues. We're here for you! :)

• Hi @cap30,

Are you saying that if the Login item has https://www.fidelity.com stored in the website field it doesn't work but if you instead replace it with https://login.fidelity.com/ftgw/Fas/Fidelity/RtlCust/Login/Init?AuthRedUrl=https://oltx.fidelity.com/ftgw/fbc/ofsummary/defaultPage it does?

How do you normally use 1Password? Do you manually navigate to the login page for the site and and use the keyboard shortcut ⌘\ to fill or do you use what we call open and fill? That's where you ask 1Password to pass the stored URL to your default web browser and then attempt to fill in the opened page.

This discussion has been closed.