1Password on iOS re-syncing all data to Dropbox

Options
ManuCH
ManuCH
Community Member

I've been neglecting my iPad lately, and after upgrading it to the latest version of iOS and 1Password, I decided to sync 1Password once again through Dropbox. I had to re-connect it, but then it found its way and started syncing.

What I found weird is that said iPad re-uploaded all my data to the Dropbox/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain/data/default directory. I did not change any passwords, I just synced it, and 600 files got uploaded (and hence downloaded to my Macs and other iOS devices).

This was kind of scary. I verified the data here and there, and everything seems to be intact. All the latest password changes are still there.

So what gives? Why has it been doing that? Should I be worried?

1Password Version: 6.0.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ManuCH: Sorry for the confusion. There's nothing to fear! The only way Dropbox can check the sync state of everything once it's been disconnected is to get the data and compare timestamps...and for that it needs all of it. In my experience, while time consuming (depending on how many items you have), this is harmless and rarely even results in conflicts...although you may end up with a handful depending on how long your iPad was wandering astray. I hope this helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.