I am trying to import my 1Password3 into v 5.3 and can get the .1pt3import file but can't import

Options
ask1234
ask1234
Community Member

I have obtained a back up of iOS v3 on my mac but when I try to put the .1pt3import file in the documents section of the App on iTunes and sync it, it does not show up on the phone. I followed the post on the site but it did not work. can I put it on the Mac app and import it that way?

1Password Version: current iOS ver for iOs 9.0.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: wifi
Referrer: kb:upgrade-ios

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I have obtained a back up of iOS v3 on my mac but when I try to put the .1pt3import file in the documents section of the App on iTunes and sync it, it does not show up on the phone.

@ask1234: To be clear, you'll need to do this with the current version of 1Password for iOS — 6.0.1. Also, once you've added the import file to 1Password in iTunes File Sharing, you'll need to sync it over, and then open 1Password for iOS and go to Settings > Advanced > Restore from Backup to restore it.

Also, is this the method you used to backup your data from 1Password touch version 3 in the first place? If you're still having trouble, be sure to let me know exactly which steps you're taking and where you're getting stuck. Please let me know. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• ask1234
    ask1234
    Community Member
    Options

in the end I never got the back up to work with the current versions. I downloaded 1Password 3 for mac and then did a wifi sync with 1password 3 for iOS. Then did an export from 1Password 3 Mac and imported that into 1Password 5 Mac and now synced with my phone. long way around but it worked.

• Hi @ask1234,

That's great to hear, thanks for updating us here to let us know you got it working and how you did it.

This discussion has been closed.