Add identity window truncates address state [Resolved on its own]

Options
brucenye
brucenye
Community Member
edited September 2015 in iOS

When adding a new Identity, the popup window truncates the display for the address. It shows city, and to the far right I can see the "s" which I assume is state. I can tab to the field but when I enter data, it is hidden/truncated by the size of the window. Below the barely visible "s", looks like a blue, truncated "U". I assume for United States.

I tried portrait and landscape but that does not change the data entry window size.

Is this a known issue? Would it be fixed if I upgrade when I go to iOS9?

I know it is a legacy app since I have 8.4.1. I'm not ready to upgrade to iOS 9.

So far I am impressed and will most likely upgrade to Pro but I'd like to use the free version to get used to the setup.

Bruce Nye

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@brucenye: Your screen looks very different from mine. Are you maybe using custom text sizes? There may simply be a bad interaction there. If you can provide more details about your setup, it may help us narrow down whats causing this in your case. Please let me know!

Keep in mind that you can use 1Password for iOS for free for as long as you like. It doesn't expire. You simply won't get access to the Pro Features without the in-app purchase.

But most importantly, if you're running iOS 8, you can run iOS 9. Now, you may not care particularly about the featureset, but if you're using 1Password you probably care about security, and iOS 9 contains too many security improvements to count — up to and including (or should I say "down to", at the most basic level) a new version of OpenSSL. So updating will be a huge benefit, simply from that perspective. Cheers! :)

• brucenye
    brucenye
    Community Member
    Options

Well, now I have no clue :) It is now working fine on both my iPhone and iPad. Not sure what had caused that but for now, it is working fine. If I encounter this again, I'll research more and then post again.

Thanks for the quick reply!

• On behalf of Brenty, you're welcome.

Please do let us know if it ever come back, we're trying to reproduce these cosmetic issues on iOS 9 and get them resolved ASAP.

That does look like iOS got confused at which size class to show and somehow resolved itself.

This discussion has been closed.