not able to sync with my iOS device either on v 8 or now 9 with the primary vault

Options
EIP_smart
EIP_smart
Community Member

I have the problems since a few months as I'm working on different OS like Windows 7, Mac OS Yosemity and iOS. I only recognized the problem on my iPhone, which no longer able to sync with the primary vault which I have for long time and instead made a new vault. The question now is how can I bring the two vaults together and sync with my old one. The primary vault is in the folder 1Password on my Dropbox which also syncs with all devices normally!

1Password Version: 6.0.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.01
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: forum-search:not able to sync with my iOS device either on v 8 or now 9 with the primary vault in dropbox?

Comments

• Hey @EIP_smart! For the sync issue, could you try the steps in the Dropbox troubleshooting guide? As for moving items from one vault to another, this can be accomplished on the desktop app by selecting all the items you want to move, right-clicking them, and selecting Share > [Other Vault Name] > Move.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@penderworth: That will definitely work, but...

@EIP_smart: Since I'm a bit lazy myself, I'd prefer to let 1Password for iOS do most of the work for me! But first thing's first: backup your data! Then if you simply use 1Password for iOS and go into Settings > Sync > Sync Service > Disable Sync, you can set up Dropbox Sync from scratch, this time choosing the vault from your other devices that you want to merge with...and then 1Password will tell you that there's a Vault Mismatch. Good! Tap More Info, verify that these are in fact the vaults you want to merge, and then tap Merge. After they finish syncing, all you need to do is delete the extra (original iOS) vault from Dropbox to avoid any confusion in the future. I hope this helps! :)

• @brenty Hmm, interesting approach. I shall add it to my mind's manual. :)

• It is but always make sure to back up first before trying this interesting tip. :)

This discussion has been closed.