I only have 1Password 3.7.2 on my ipad (on ios8 can't upgrade to ios9). can i get a later version?

Options
sirosenberg
sirosenberg
Community Member

I upgraded to the last iOS my (obviously old) ipad seems to support: 8.4. So I can't update the the latest version of 1Password. Unfortunately, the last version I have of 1Password is 3.7.2. Is it possible for me to get a later version that's still 8.4 compatible, or am I stuck with 3.7.2 since I didn't ugrade previously.

1Password Version: 3.7.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS8.4.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:1password ios old version, kb-search:old version, kb:legacy-versions

Comments

• MikeT
    edited September 2015
    Options

Hi @sirosenberg,

There is no direct update to 1Password 3.7.2, it's a separate app from the 1Password 4/5/6 app that had direct updates. You would have to download the newer version separately.

Do you see 1Password available in the App Store on the iPad or if not, maybe try downloading it from iTunes on your Mac or PC? Once you download it on the Mac or PC, the App Store app on your iPad should show a compatible version in your Purchases section. In this case, it should show 1Password 5 for your iOS 8.4 version.

To get your data from 1Password 3.7.2 into the newer versions, you will need to migrate the data manually which is explained in our support article here: https://support.1password.com/upgrade-ios/

• sirosenberg
    sirosenberg
    Community Member
    Options

Almost worked for me (I saw the instructions for upgrading from 3.7.2 and just need to get a new version of the app installed).

I figured out how to get to the App store and hit install for the new version of 1Password. For whatever reason it seems to have installed version 6.0.1. When I hit install in iTunes, I get an error: "The app "1Password" was not installed on the iPad...because it requires a newer version of iPad software."

Any ideas how I can get v5 instead of v6?

Thanks.

• sirosenberg
    sirosenberg
    Community Member
    Options

Update: I got things to work after figuring out something I had missed. The step I was missing was to install from the iOS device, not from iTunes. Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sirosenberg: Ah, got it. Thanks for the update! Indeed, iTunes just downloads the most recent version of any given app since it doesn't know which devices you may sync with it in the future. So installing directly from the App Store on your iOS device itself will let you get the appropriate version for it. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.