The app is "installing" and has been for over a day. How do I get it to work?

Options
CapeCodGuy
CapeCodGuy
Community Member

All of a sudden the app icon started saying "installing" after I updated IOS to latest update. When I go to App Store it shows I can download from the cloud. I tap on that and the circle fills but doesn't let me open. The app icon still says " installing" and has been for more than 24 hours.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:My Apple Store app download is stuck. The app icon says "installing" and has been for over a day.

Comments

• justme12
    justme12
    Community Member
    Options

In the past when this has happened to me, I delete that installing app (tap and hold till it wiggles,m click the X to delete it), and just go back to app store and redownload your purchase.

or

If you restart your iOS device, the install may just show up as installed.

• Hi guys,

@CapeCodGuy, this is usually an iOS problem. You should never see an install process lasting longer than 5 minutes.

This is often fixed by simply rebooting the device first and after that, iOS will finish the install. You can do what justme1w suggest, deleting the app and reinstall it but often that does tend to get the same stuck install process and it may spread to other apps. If you see this, just try rebooting.

Here's how to reboot: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201559

• CapeCodGuy
    CapeCodGuy
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks guys. I did try everything you said justme12 and that didn't work. But MikeT had the solution. Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of MikeT, you are most welcome! Indeed, I had this problem all over the place after upgrading to iOS 9. Where were you then, MikeT?! ;)

This discussion has been closed.