Dead end in Dropbox Vault selection

Options
ahin4114
ahin4114
Community Member

Hi

Just handed down my old iPhone 5s to my son and am transferring his data to the device.
Full clean 5S - clean install of iOS 9.0.1
New install of Dropbox App - sign in, check files, 1Password data intact
New install of 1Password
1. Sync existing vault
2. Sync with Dropbox
3. Select Account (shows size and available space without issue)
4. Choose a Vault (Apps/1Password - shows correct vault details)
5. Selecting the vault takes me to a new View with Cancel option plus Dropbox heading - never progresses, only whitespace underneath

Quitting the app(s) and restarting does not help.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the App, same process.
Power cycling the device did not help.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tony

1Password Version: 6.0.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.0.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ahin4114: This sounds like 1Password is trying to connect to the Dropbox app to authenticate and Dropbox isn't loading for some reason. 1Password actually doesn't require the Dropbox app to be installed, but it will use it if it is present. Please try uninstalling the Dropbox app and then try again. I suspect that will do the trick for you, and then you can reinstall Dropbox as well. Let me know how it turns out! :)

• ahin4114
    ahin4114
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the suggestion @brenty - unfortunately, no cigar. Different authentication process but same end result :(

• littlebobbytables
    Options

Hello @ahin4114,

Based on the description that you've supplied in your first post I came to a slightly different conclusion. If you've reached the point where you can select a vault then you've already authenticated with Dropbox, you couldn't see a list of your Agile Keychains if you hadn't and the step after selecting a vault is where you would normally enter the Master Password to unlock and allow synchronisation to start.

The kicker with the iOS version of 1Password is it isn't easy to get diagnostics like we can with a Mac as everything is locked down. Now this is existing data for a vault that your son has elsewhere, can we learn a bit about that please. I'm wondering if the Agile Keychain is somehow damaged and whether we can confirm this and have 1Password create another one in replacement. So I'd be interested in what other device or Mac your son accesses this vault and what version of 1Password he uses.

I would hope we can resolve this and help you get everything working :smile:

This discussion has been closed.