Cannot change PIN

Options
chchfhia
chchfhia
Community Member
edited September 2015 in iOS

I cannot change the PIN of 1PW. After changing it through the menu, I can still only login with the old PIN. Is this a known regression?

1Password Version: 6.0.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.0.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @chchfhia,

Have you try restarting the 1Password app? Try this: double-press the home button to bring up the app switcher and swipe 1Password upward to terminate it. Now, restart 1Password, does it let you unlock with the new PIN code?

• chchfhia
    chchfhia
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I did. Also restarted the iPad. Just tried changing my Master PW, it said it changed and now I cannot login. There is a bug in 1PW or something wrong with my install.

• MikeT
    edited September 2015
    Options

Hi @chchfhia,

Do you have backups of your data on your computer or sync your data with 1Password on your computers? If you do have data on your computer, please try this: delete the iOS app and reinstall the app from the App Store, we've seen some users reported that reinstalling the app fixed the issue.

In the future, please do not change your master password or any other settings without us telling you first, it can make things worse.

• chchfhia
    chchfhia
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I had it also on my computer but Dropbox already synced the changes. Thankfully I was still logged in to DB in my Desktop browser so that I could restore an older version. I deleted 1PW and reinstalled from the App Store which seems to have fixed the problem. Now I can change the PIN.

Actually I just was quite close to losing all my passwords because of some issue in your app. The passwords would be gone if had synced over iCloud (without versioning). Thanks for the sunday evening shocker.

• Hi @chchfhia,

I'm glad you were able to get back into it. If you have 1Password on the computer, 1Password by default automatically backs up your data daily when there are changes made to it.

We haven't been able to pinpoint this issue in our app, it doesn't affect everyone. We think it has to do with iOS not clearing the data correctly in its secure keychain but we'll keep investigating and issue an update to fix this once we do.

I would recommend in the future to back up your 1Password data on the iOS devices before upgrading the iOS versions. This guide will work: https://support.1password.com/ios-itunes-backups/

This discussion has been closed.