Just bought 1 password 5 for mac.

Options
Lola
Lola
Community Member

Clicked on the app on my hd and got the page to enter my "master password," but nothing else. I typed my password and tried to click the lock, nothing happened. No further instructions. I am 82 years old and not computer literate at all, so any help, please use baby steps. I also cannot find "iCloud" on my hard drive.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: ug:mac/, ug:mac/installing-from-the-mac-app-store-mas, ug:mac/first-run, kb:strong-master-password

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    Options

Hello @Lola,

Can I ask, did you try 1Password for Mac by downloading it from our AgileBits Download page before deciding to purchase, by what looks like from Apple's Mac App Store?

The reason I ask is if you had just purchased 1Password for Mac the first screen you should have seen would have been this one.

If 1Password instead requested a page to enter your Master Password that would suggest you had already proceeded through the steps to create a vault (the steps on this page, Running 1Password for the first time should seem familiar) or 1Password found data from somewhere else.

If you would describe yourself as not computer literate what we could do is skip past trying to ask questions and instead ask you to follow the steps below to create a diagnostic report. It's a small application that queries your computer for various pieces of information relating to 1Password that allows us to review what might have happened.

If you feel this might be a better option for you then this guide will assist in creating the diagnostic report.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+forum@agilebits.com.

When sending the diagnostic report to the address above it would help immensely if you could include a link to this thread and your forum handle so we can connect the two.

Once you've sent the report a post here with the ticket ID will help us to keep an eye out for it. With access to the report we should be able to better assist you :smile:

This discussion has been closed.