Firefox error: Cannot fill item in firefox

The troubleshooting guidelines don't seem to do the trick in Firefox. I did the mac OS update and now the browser extensions aren't working. Any suggestions?

1Password Version: 5.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS x 10.10.5
Sync Type: wi fi
Referrer: kb:invalid-code-signature-osx, ug:mac/, kb:invalid-code-signature-osx, kb:configure-os-x-proxy, kb:invalid-code-signature-osx

Comments

• Hello @wentworthss,

Could you supply a bit more detail please. Could you confirm the following first

1. Your preferred browser is Firefox but what version are you running?
    2. What version of the 1Password extension is installed?

Next I'd be interested in understand what seems to be working and what isn't. For example, if you click on the 1Password Firefox Extension icon does it open up the 1Password mini menu? If it does we've established that the two are communicating which is important. If it isn't communicate we're looking at something interfering with communication, if it is working we're looking at something else. So I'd be curious to know how far you can get in the normal steps for filling and what happens when it stops working - the more detail the better/quicker we can hopefully assist :smile:

• wentworthss
    wentworthss
    Community Member

Firefox version 4.10
    1Password extension 4.4.3

Answer to your questions:
    - when I click on the 1password firefox extension, the mini menu does open.
    - it breaks down when I go to fill a password. I get an error that says: "cannot fill item in Firefox. Firefox is connected but its code signagture could not be verified. Filling and other features are disables until this configuration issue is resolved."

there's a troubleshooting guide which I followed to address Sophos and the firewall issue. Neither has solved the problem.

• Greetings @wentworthss,

Thank you for that, so we now know it's a code signature issue. I'm running Firefox 41.0 here too so I suspect it isn't an issue with Firefox.

It is possible Firefox may have been damaged. If the application bundle has been altered at all that could result in an invalid code signature. As all of your preferences and extensions aren't contained in the actual application bundle one thing you could try is to download a fresh copy of Firefox, move the old from in your /Applications/ folder to Trash and then move the new copy into /Applications/. Now this might not help but it would eliminate one possible cause. Given it won't harm your Firefox profile it's worth a shot.

This discussion has been closed.