When 1pw 6 arrives, do I have to buy it again

Options
ron_stijnen
ron_stijnen
Community Member

Hello,

When a new version of 1pw arrives do I have to buy a new licence for mac and ios

Best regards,
Ron Stijnen

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Buy 1password each year

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    Options

Hi @ron_stijnen,

Well 1Password 6 for iOS is already here and requires no additional purchase. If you had the Pro features in 1Password 5 they will still be available in 1Password 6.

Now our roadmap for 1Password for Mac hasn't been revealed yet so unfortunately I cannot comment there. All updates are announced on both Twitter and Facebook but we're unable to discuss future plans here I'm afraid. Sorry about that :smile:

• ron_stijnen
    ron_stijnen
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @littlebobbytables,

Thank you!

• littlebobbytables
    Options

sorry I couldn't reveal anything about 1Password 6 for Mac :smile:

• ron_stijnen
    ron_stijnen
    Community Member
    Options

@littlebobbytables,

I understand completely! I was just wondering if I have to buy the lastest osx version. Or has 1pw a lifetime memberschip?

• littlebobbytables
    Options

Hello @ron_stijnen,

I'm going to defer to our AgileBits Software Licenses page here :smile:

When you purchase AgileBits software your license will never expire and you can use it on the current version of the licensed application indefinitely. While the license itself will never expire, system updates from Apple could cause certain aspects of some software to stop working.

Now the emphasis in that quote is from the page. If you purchased 1Password 5 for Mac today then you would always be able to run 1Password 5 for Mac. Indeed we have many users that still run 1Password 3 although it's really beginning to show its age now from what I've seen.

Your purchase entitles you to free updates until the next major version upgrade. That means if you buy a license for version 2 of a product, you will get all 2.x releases for free, but upgrading to version 3 might require another purchase.

The emphasis there is mine. When we released 1Password 4 it was a paid upgrade over 1Password 3. Customers could use their existing 1Password 3 licence to do so at a discounted price. When we released 1Password 5 though it was a free upgrade to all existing 1Password 4 customers. That's been on both Mac and iOS. Now on iOS we moved up to 1Password 6 recently but it was still a free upgrade to anybody that had already either purchased 1Password 4 or purchased the in-app Pro features in 1Password 5 - basically a previous purchase meant you retained access to all features.

You could strongly suspect that if we did it on iOS that we will do it on Mac but it would be a guess just as I have to guess too.

I hope that helps :smile:

• ron_stijnen
    ron_stijnen
    Community Member
    Options

@littlebobbytables,

You're the man!! Thank you!

Best regards,
    Ron Stijnen
    (Topic can be closed)

• littlebobbytables
    Options