Chrome will not auto-submit

Options
vrod1234
vrod1234
Community Member
edited September 2015 in 1Password in the Browser

I have a new Retina MacBook Pro and use Chrome as my browser. I have a banking website where 1Password will fill in my info but will not auto submit. All other passwords log in normally. It works fine with Safari. I have made sure Java Script is set to "allow to run" in settings and it's set to auto-submit in 1Password. On my Imac and an older macbook it works fine. I uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome but it did not help. When I put the pointer on "Sign In" Javascript: Void(0) appears at the bottom left of my screen. Any ideas why this one banking site will not auto submit?

1Password Version: 5.3.2
Extension Version: 4.4.3.90
OS Version: OSX 10.10.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:auto submit on chrome

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@vrod1234: Many websites use Javascript to modify the login form as it is submitted, and from the error you're receiving that sounds like it is true in this case in particular as well.

If you submit the form manually after 1Password fills it, does that work? Often simply disabling autosumbit will allow it to work reliably, so be sure to try that as well.

And of course if you're still having trouble, be sure to report it using our Synapse website issue tracker and let us know the URL here so we can see if we can offer another workaround in the mean time. :)

• vrod1234
    vrod1234
    Community Member
    Options

I know this is going to sound strange but here is what I discovered. If I have any other tab open when I attempt to log in to the banking website, it logs in immediately. If I open Chrome and attempt to log in without any other tab open, it will not auto-submit. I have edited the password from "submit when enabled" to "always" to "never" and it made no difference.

• littlebobbytables
    Options

Hi @vrod1234,

Now many banks use multiple pages as part of their login process, with your bank is it the first page that is having problems? If it is how do you feel about posting the banks's login page URL here? We don't need and certainly don't want you to post any sensitive data but I'm hoping their standard login page is fine as we can then test and see if we can replicate and understand.

Is it just this one site where submit is failing to work?

• vrod1234
    vrod1234
    Community Member
    Options

https://secure.bankofamerica.com/login/sign-in/internal/entry/signOn.go
    It also happened with Facebook. But, once again let me stress it only happens in chrome and only when no other tab is opened. As a work around I now open to Yahoo.com when I open Chrome so all other sites I go to are now auto submitting.

• littlebobbytables
    Options

Hi @vrod1234,

It has to be something is this particular setup as submit after filling works for me on both of your example sites.

Let's try something and see if we learn anything from it. Can you visit the extensions page in Chrome for me please chrome://extensions/ and temporarily disable all the extensions with the exception of 1Password's extension. Can you then close Chrome and relaunch it. Now visit one of those sites and see if it still doesn't submit after filling with just that single tab open? What we're checking here is to see if there is another extension where the combination is causing some kind of interference. By starting with only our extension enabled we should remove that possibility or provide evidence that this might be the case. With the test complete you can of course re-enable them all. If you find that submit is now working I would suggest re-enabling them one at a time and testing until we can determine which other extension we have an interaction with. Please let us know how you get along.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@vrod1234: I'll also add that I'm not seeing this behaviour either with my own Bank of America account. Are you encountering the same problem at the main page (which now has a proper login form)?

https://www.bankofamerica.com/

That will tell us if we need to be investigating that particular login page, or some interaction with the site and your system in general. Please let me know what you find!

• vrod1234
    vrod1234
    Community Member
    Options

I went in and disabled all other extensions and also changed the settings to open a new tab page rather than open a specific page when I open chrome. I also saved my new login to the new sign in page you directed me to. The BOA page would not submit. I then went back in and changed the settings to open yahoo.com when I open Chrome and then when I go to the BOA sign in page it submits. I know it sounds strange and I guess I will have to live with it.

• littlebobbytables
    Options

Hi @vrod1234,

Thank you for testing all of that. Without dissecting the page in your browser I can't think what else we can try to explain this oddity. I really wish I could explain this but don't know what next to do I'm afraid. I really wish I could replicate this as it would make diagnosis and hopefully resolution so much easier. I do apologise that we haven't so far been able to offer the level of support that we want to :(

• vrod1234
    vrod1234
    Community Member
    Options

In frustration I downloaded the latest version of Firefox. BOA will not submit there at all. It doesn't matter if I have 1 tab or multiple tabs open, no submit. This being a brand new Retina Macbook Pro can there be some setting I am overlooking. It is strange it is happening across various browsers.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@vrod1234: Well that's just nuts. Clearly it isn't limited to Chrome then. Thank you for sharing that!

Good news! (Maybe...) I am able to reproduce this in Firefox 41 on OS X 10.10.5 using 1Password 5.4.BETA-42 and the 4.4.3 extension on my own 15" MacBook Pro Retina: Other website logins will submit, but Bank of America will not! :angry:

I tried manually saving it again using Firefox, but that didn't help. And the results were the same using the beta extension. Autosubmit is broken in 4.4.3 and 4.5b1 in Firefox...and in Chrome when opening from a New Tab (although this simply due to the fact that extensions can't interact with the New Tab page). Works fine in Safari and with Chrome when a webpage is open though.

I'm reporting this so the development team can look at the issue, but please tell me about the other Macs where this is working for you if your results differ from mine, as that may help! :pirate:

This discussion has been closed.