just migrated my account and my vault is EMPTY!!!

Options
asklepian
asklepian
Community Member

I just migrated over to another account on Mac OS X and simply copied my vault over. After specifying the location of the vault, it opened with the correct password but everything in the vault was gone. I NEED this data NOW. The really weird thing is that there are dozens of files inside the .agilekeychain file. So, there should be dozens of passwords and saved items in 1Password, but there aren't any. I need this fixed FAST!!!

1Password Version: 5.3
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: file

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @asklepian,

I'm sorry you're having trouble migrating your 1Password data to a new Mac OS X account! If I understand, this is another user account on the same Mac, and it sounds like you found a .agilekeychain file in the old Mac user account and copied that to the new one. Is that correct?

If so, I'm sure we can help to get your 1Password data working correctly on the new Mac user account, and we'll just need to know a few more details:

• Your message says you're using 1Password version 5.3, which I'm assuming is the version you have on the new Mac user account. Were you using the same version on the old Mac user account? (If not, which version is installed on the old Mac user account?)
    • Are you using the AgileBits Store version or the Mac App Store version of 1Password?
    • Do you still have access to the old Mac user account?
    • Where did you find the .agilekeychain file that you copied to the new Mac user?
    • In the new Mac user account, did you sync data from the .agilekeychain file during the initial setup of 1Password? Or did you set it up as a new user with an empty vault first, and then tried to sync that with the .agilekeychain file?
    • Had you been using one of the sync options in 1Password on the old Mac user account? (Dropbox, iCloud, etc)
    • If you restart your Mac and then open/unlock 1Password, does it still appear empty?

Once we know that information, we should have a much better idea of what's going on and how to get it all working again. Thanks in advance! :)

This discussion has been closed.