1Password doesn't open the same way on iPhone and iPad

Options

Just a little thing I can't understand : when I open 1Password on the iPhone, the display is the last that was used when closing the app. OK. But, when I open 1Password on the iPad, it always shows Favorites and I didn't find a way to make it open like it does on the iPhone.

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password opening on iPhone and iPad

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Jean-Jacques Ardoino: To begin with, I wasn't able to reproduce this issue: 1Password on my iPad opened to Categories, and if I switched to Favorites or Organize (or even Settings), the next time I launch the app it's on the one I left it on...

But I wonder if we're talking about different things here. Do you mean when you have a particular item open it isn't still there when you switch back to the app on your iPad? If that's what you're referring to, that depends entirely on the other apps you're using and the RAM your iPad has. 1Password isn't meant to return to the exact item you might have had open previously, and iOS will quietly kill apps in the background when it runs out of memory. So when you return to 1Password in this situation, it is being launched anew, and will only return you to the general section you were in last time.

Please let me know if this helps. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• Jean-Jacques Ardoino
    Jean-Jacques Ardoino
    Community Member
    edited September 2015
    Options

Thanks for your answer, Brent. What I meaned was that, when launching the app on iPad, the screen was Favorites and Favorites' icon was highlighted, even if I was browsing categories or settings in the previous use (before closing the app as we do on iOS, after a double tap on the Home button then sliding the mini-screen).
    Today, I don't know why, but the problem disappeared. When 1Password is launched, it displays the last screen used. I don't know what happened but, as I bought the iPad recently and it was my first use yesterday of 1Password on this iPad, I thought it was a bug.

• If the app is force-quit (using the double tap etc method) then yes, your spot will not be remembered. Removing 1Password from memory in this way also removes its memory of where you left off. You'll notice the same thing happens if the device is restarted. If you quit 1Password simply by tapping the home button once you'll note it remembers your position.

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.