IPassword will not automatically open my bank's website or fill in the username and login.

Options
staylor54
staylor54
Community Member

It will open and auto fill other website logins and passwords.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:IPassword will not automatically open my bank's website or fill in the username and login

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Please tell us:

Stephen

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @staylor54,

I'm sorry you're having trouble using 1Password to fill your login credentials on a website! It will help if you can let us know the details Stephen asked you for. In addition to that, can you also please let us know the following:

• What version of Mac OS X are you running on your Mac?
    • In addition to the browser you're using, what is the version of that browser?
    • Did 1Password previously work correctly with that website, or has it always been a problem?
    • What are the exact steps you normally take to have 1Password fill your login credentials?
    • What happens if you click on the URL field of the Login item for your bank in the main 1Password app?
    • What happens if you open your bank's website by choosing that Login item from the 1Password extension in the browser?
    • What happens if you open your bank's website first, and then choose the matching Login item from the 1Password extension?

Thanks in advance!

• staylor54
    staylor54
    Community Member
    Options

I am using MAC Yosemite 10.10.5 with Google chrome. I am new to iPassword, in fact I am deciding whether or not to switch from Keeper. I have used it very little. I logged into a different website through Chrome and it added and remembered my login and password information just fine, and that one I can do the one-click login. The bank requires a two step process, a login screen, then a separate screen for the password. Is that why there is a problem? When I do select my bank in the 1Password mini app, nothing happens.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@staylor54: First, make sure you're not being confused by your browser's built-in password manager feature. Then follow this guide to manually save a login item for each step (which will be separate forms) in the login process:

Using 1Password with login sequences split across multiple pages

And if you're still having trouble, knowing the URL might help. If one of us happens to have an account as well, we can give more specific advice. Please let me know how it turns out! :)

This discussion has been closed.