View attachments in 1Password for IOS

Options
butterstulle
butterstulle
Community Member

Hello,

I have installed 1Password4 (v4.4.3) on my MacBook Air and 1Password Pro on my iPad (v6.0.1) for iOS9. I upgraded to Pro for my iPad that I can see the attachments I've done on my MacBook Air. But unfortunately I do not see any attachments in 1Password on my iPad. Is there any difficulties with synchronisation with 1Password4? I guess I have to upgrade to 1Password5 on my MacBook Air – haven't I? But I'd like to avoid this because I don't want to upgrade to OS 10.10. Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS9 (iPad)/OS 10.9.5 (Mac Book Air)
Sync Type: WI-FI
Referrer: kb:pro-features-faq, kb-search:Attachments

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @butterstulle,

I'm sorry you're having trouble syncing your attachments! I see that you're using Wi-Fi sync, and since you're using 1Password 4 on your Mac, that actually explains the problem: Prior to 1Password 5, attachments were not included in Wi-Fi Sync. I'm sorry for the confusion about that!

If you want to be able to sync attachments over Wi-Fi, you would need 1Password 5 for Mac, which means you would also need Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) or the soon-to-be-released OS X 10.11 (El Capitan). If you don't want to upgrade your Mac to 10.10, there is another option, which is to use Dropbox sync. That's also a great sync option, and it's how many of us here sync our 1Password data. In case you're worried about the security of your 1Password data in the could, please note that 1Password is secure by design and your 1Password data is end-to-end encrypted, so 1Password doesn't depend on the security of Dropbox to protect your data.

Hopefully this helps, but if you have more questions about that, please let us know! :)

• butterstulle
    butterstulle
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Drew_AG for your help. Good to know that syncing via dropbox could solve the problem. I'll try this! :)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're very welcome, @butterstulle! If you need any help with Dropbox sync (or with anything else in 1Password for that matter), we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.