Out of Sync Between Mac and iOS Devices

AlanCarslaw
AlanCarslaw
Community Member

I am facing issue where 1Password on my Mac is completely out of sync with my 2 iOS devices. Password have been added to 1Password on my Mac, as well as passwords added on to 1Password on my iPhone & iPad. Due to iCloud Sync not being supported due to the version I run on my Mac this has resulted in defragmentation across all my devices and hope you would be able to help resolve this issue so that I do not lose any passwords which have been stored at the sometime setup all my devices to be in Sync and up to date?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

We really need some more information in order to help you. Please tell us:

Stephen

• AlanCarslaw
    AlanCarslaw
    Community Member

Mac 1Password Version - 5.3.2 (532001)
    iOS Version - 6.0.1

I use to have iCloud sync setup across all my devices but then that function became defunct so I do not currently have sync method in place between all my devices hence need help from 1Password on resolving sync between all devices so no data is lost.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @AlanCarslaw,

Thanks for clarifying! In order to sync your data between 1Password 5 for Mac (AgileBits Store version) and 1Password 6 for iOS, you can use Dropbox or Wi-Fi sync. I think Dropbox would probably be the best option for you, because it works similarly to iCloud sync. To set that up, you can follow the steps here: Dropbox Sync

After setting up Dropbox sync in 1Password on your Mac, when you set it up on your iOS devices, you'll be prompted to merge your data, which is fine.

Please let us know how it goes, and if you run into any problems, we'll continue from there. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.