Having multiple problems updating [download from the App Store]

Options
jasjr1023
jasjr1023
Community Member
edited October 2015 in Mac

Have 6.0 downloaded on ITunes for my IPad, but did not load for the IPhone or IMac. The one downloaded is still on ITunes and not downloaded to the IPad, itself. Very frustrated. Had problems the last time with Password.

1Password Version: 5.3.1
Extension Version: 6.0.1
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Having multiple problems with the new 6.0 and getting it downloaded and transferring from 5.3

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Well, one thing is that version 6 is only available for iOS, not (yet at least) for OS X, which would explain why you don't have it for your Mac. And the Mac version isn't supplied through iTunes; it comes from the Mac App Store or directly from the AgileBits web store. Also, just a reminder that the iOS and OS X applications are sold separately, so you won't get one by purchasing the other. If you want both, you need to buy both.

Have you updated iOS to iOS 9 on your iPad? That will be required to get 1Password 6 on to it. Just checking. If you have updated your iOS Version, you should be able to download it directly to you iPad by using the App Store application that is built in.

I may have misunderstood your issues, so please post back if I have.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2015
    Options

@jasjr1023: Indeed. Or if you're having trouble syncing 1Password for iOS to your iPhone using iTunes...well, there isn't anything AgileBits can do about that really, as that's Apple's software. I stopped syncing with iTunes as soon as it was possible since it has always been a bit confusing and fraught with peril.

hawkmoth is correct: 1Password for iOS version 6 requires iOS 9, so make sure you've updated that first. And then I'd suggest that you simply open up the App Store on your iPhone and install 1Password from there. Simple! Please let me know how it turns out! :)

• jasjr1023
    jasjr1023
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the suggestions, but I am still confused. Am 80 yr. old trying to think like a 30 yr. old, but I try. Let's refresh what is happening and I am sure your suggestions will make it work.
    1. Have I Password on My Apps section of ITunes, and do not have it on the IPad, itself. Only 5.3 on IPad. Question - how do I get it on IPad and transfer data from 5.3 which is on IPad and working great.
    2. On ITunes, 6.0 is not on screen and not on IPhone itself. How do I get it on ITunes for IPhone App and then get it transferred to the phone.
    3. Thanks in advance.

• jasjr1023
    jasjr1023
    Community Member
    Options

Have updated both IPhone and iPad to OS 9. Went to app store on iPhone, and 1Password 6.0 is not there.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited September 2015
    Options

Does this link help you? 1Password - Password Manager and Secure Wallet by AgileBits Inc.

https://appsto.re/us/NAm6H.i

Click on it from your iOS device.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jasjr1023: Indeed. If you just search for "1Password", you'll find it. It's the only one. The version number is listed in the app details, but the App Store will simply offer you the appropriate version for the iOS release you're running...and if you're running iOS 9, that will be the latest version of 1Password: 6.0.1 at this time. Just follow the link hawkmoth provided and it'll take you there. :)

• jasjr1023
    jasjr1023
    Community Member
    Options

Brenty, all of this stuff is just compounding the problem. Now I cannot open my 5.3 password on my IPhone or IPad. going directly to Agile Bits, hoping for a phone call. Sorry that I could not follow you guys,but I tried.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jasjr1023, I'm sorry this hasn't been as easy for you as it should be. I see that you emailed us, and I'm sure our support team will be able to straighten this all out for you. Thanks so much for your patience! Once we help you get up and running, please don't hesitate to let us know if you have more questions or need anything else. :)

ref: VHN-99319-999

• jasjr1023
    jasjr1023
    Community Member
    Options

Great!. Love your support.

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you, @jasjr1023! And thanks for coming to us for help. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.