How do I get my 1password account on my computer?

my computer was infected with a virus and had to be wiped clean. Now I need to get 1password back. I've got dropbox back. I downloaded 1password, and during setup it says it wants to install in my program folders, not in my dropbox folder. Should I just proceed with the prompt defaults and will it all work out in the end?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 3.9.2.10
OS Version: Windows 10 64-bit
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:How do I get my 1password account on my computer?

Comments

• Hi @rwecker,

Yes, let 1Password install to the Program Files (x86) directory, your 1Password data is stored outside of the program directory. Once it is installed, open 1Password and it should automatically detect your data in the Dropbox folder.

If not, tell 1Password you have existing data and point it to your 1Password.agilekeychain folder in your Dropbox folder, that should be all you need to do.

• rwecker
    rwecker
    Community Member

It worked after I restarted my computer. Thank you, this whole thing has been a nightmare for me! One more step towards normalcy, whoo hoo.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I'm sorry to hear that you've had so much trouble, but I'm glad that MikeT was able to help steer you in the right direction! You should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if you have further questions. Were always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.