Dropbox Constantly Syncing

MattWildeGusto
MattWildeGusto
Community Member

I've looked around for other solutions, but none of the other threads seem to help. We're trying to share a keychain among 30 people using Dropbox. Recently, the sync frequency greatly increased, and it looks like we've generated 20000 conflicted files so far. Is there a way to reduce the frequency of syncing (or at least clean up the conflicted files)?

1Password Version: 5.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@MattWildeGusto: If you have a known-good data source, it may be best to nuke all the others and re-sync everything. I believe what you're describing tends to happen because Dropbox gets confused when date/time settings differ significantly between machines (which can happen as a result of waking from sleep and 'catching up').

Ultimately it may be best to contact Dropbox to see what they recommend as far as specific steps, but be sure to back up your 1Password data regardless. 1Password will only write data as needed when you make changes to items in the vault, and then it's up to Dropbox to transfer it to the other devices. Syncing across that many devices is complex, but the Dropbox folks specialize in exactly that. Please let me know how it turns out! :)

This discussion has been closed.