I have the App Store Version, with iCloud sync. How do I use that on another Mac?

jjstipe
jjstipe
Community Member

I may have messed up. I bought the App Store version to use iCloud Sync. I have another Mac I want to sync with. How do I do that?

Thanks!

1Password Version: 1Password Version 5.3 (530029) Mac App Store
Extension Version: 4.4.3
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:App Store Version with multiple Macs

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

Log in to iCloud on the second Mac with the same Apple ID as you used to purchase your license in the first place. If you need to download a copy from the Mac App Store, you'll find it in the Purchases tab.

• jjstipe
    jjstipe
    Community Member

How about if I just convert to an Agile Bits Store License. Can I add a Windows bundle to that as well?

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

If you have a license from the Mac App Store, you can install the AgileBits version and it will automatically recognize that you have a license sold by Apple and register itself automatically. After you are satisfied that your data are intact on the new installation, you can (and should) delete the Mac App Store application.

Do know that if you do that, you will lose access to iCloud for syncing, it that is important to you. But you expressed interest in the Windows version, which ant use iCloud either, so you may not care.

Whether you convert to the AgileBits web store version or not, you can get a discount on the Windows version that would make your total outlay equal to the bundle price. You would sent your Apple receipt with your request to support+licences@agilebits.com, and they will provide the nedpcessary discount.

• jjstipe
    jjstipe
    Community Member

If I converted to an Agilebits Store license I could install on the second Mac and sink to Dropbox without adding my iCloud account, yes? Would I send my Mac Store receipt to the same email to get the license converted?

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

If I converted to an Agilebits Store license I could install on the second Mac and sink to Dropbox without adding my iCloud account, yes?

You can install a copy from the Mac App Store on a second Mac, as long as you are using the same Apple ID on both. That's the same as the license from the AgileBits web store too. You can use it on as many Macs as you use yourself. And you can share with up to 5 other family members living in the same household from either source. Your family members would need to be set up in the same Family Group in Family Sharing, if the copy comes from the Mac App Store. My only point here is that there isn't any reason to convert your Mac App Store license to the AgileBits web store version. You can use iCloud with it too.

But the direct answer to your question is, Yes, you can add the AgileBits web store license without reference to your iCloud account if you switch to the AgileBits web store version.

Would I send my Mac Store receipt to the same email to get the license converted?

Yes, you would send your Mac App Store receipt to the address I gave before, but you only need to do that to get the bundle pricing for the Windows version too. You don't need to send email anywhere to move over to the AgileBits web store version for your Mac, though. Just download a copy from AgileBits and, as I said above:

If you have a license from the Mac App Store, you can install the AgileBits version and it will automatically recognize that you have a license sold by Apple and register itself automatically.

• jjstipe
    jjstipe
    Community Member

Thanks...you've been very helpful.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I'm glad hawkmoth was able to assist! It sounds like you should be all set, but be sure to reach out if you have any other questions. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.