How do I transfer my 1Password vault to a new Mac. (Version 3.8.2 to 5)

ralphjh
ralphjh
Community Member

How do I transfer my 1Password vault to a new Mac. (Version 3.8.2 to 5) Also, how to get the key button in the Safari Toolbar?

1Password Version: 5.02
Extension Version: 4.2.2
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: ?
Referrer: ug:mac/new-computer, kb:sync-options

Comments

• @ralphjh There's a great guide for migrating from 1Password 3 over here. :) It was written for version 4, but the instructions are the same for version 5.

The little 1Password key icon is the browser extension, which can be downloaded here: https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions You'll want to get 1Password 5 up and running before you begin using the extension.

• ralphjh
    ralphjh
    Community Member

How do I transfer my 1Password vault to a new Mac. (Version 3.8.2 to 5) Also, how to get the key button in the Safari Toolbar?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ralphjh: If you open 1Password and go to Preferences > General, it will show you the path to your vault. Simply copy the whole thing to your new Mac (USB, network, etc.) Similarly, once you have 1Password setup on your new Mac, just go to the 1Password menu and select Install Browser Extensions. It will take you to the webpage where you can download it to add it to your browser. Please let us know how it turns out! :)

This discussion has been closed.