how long is the licence valid for

Options
pedropon
pedropon
Community Member

If I purchase a licence for me and my wife, do I have to renew after a year or something like that?
Also, do we have to purchase an update for new software version avery so and so? if yes, what is the frequency so far?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:licence duration

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited October 2015
    Options

Your license is good for as long as you want to and are able to use the version you bought. It never expires. There are times when applications are broken by new operating system updates, and legacy versions aren't updated to bring them back if that happens. But there are Mac users still using 1Password 3 on at least Yosemite. (I think El Capitan is too new to be sure about version 3 on that.)

There are times when upgrades do require an additional payment, if you want the newer features. But you are never forced to upgrade. My own experience extends back to 1Password 3. Version 4 was a paid upgrade, unless a user's copy of version 3 was bought anytime in 2013; then it was free. Version 5 was a free upgrade to registered users of version 4. So someone who bought a license in 2013 has not had to pay for an upgrade since then. That's all the experience I have to offer. Point updates (such as version 4.0 to 4.1 to 4.2, etc.) have always been free.

• pedropon
    pedropon
    Community Member
    Options

Another clear answer :-) thanks again

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm glad that helped! It looks like hawkmoth pretty much covered it, but be sure to let us know if you have any other questions. We're here for you! :)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Also, from our AgileBits Software Licenses page:

When you purchase AgileBits software your license will never expire and you can use it on the current version of the licensed application indefinitely. While the license itself will never expire, system updates from Apple could cause certain aspects of some software to stop working.

Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.