1Password 5.4.3 will not work with citicards.com

Options
betsyhauge
betsyhauge
Community Member
edited October 2015 in iOS

I am unable to access my account at citicards.com using 1Password 5.4.3 on my iphone 5 now. I used to be able to. No matter what I put in for the website address at citi, it gets changed to the citi.mobile address. when I try to sign in, it tells me that my device is not supported and that I need an update. I called citibank and they do not know why it will not work from the 1Password app. when I go to safari, and get the citicards site to log in, then use the 1Password extension from safari, it works. So what is the problem from the 1password side now? Can you fix it? I really prefer to use the 1Password app for all of these sites I have entered, and do not want to have to access them from safari directly or from a specific app other than 1Password.

1Password Version: 5.4.3
Extension Version: can't find it on the iphone
OS Version: iphone 5 , op sys 8.4
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@betsyhauge: It sounds like you're going to accountonline.com, as I get the same error when I visit that particular Citi website. Nothing's changed in 1Password, but for some reason Citi now wants to redirect us both to a mobile site that won't let us log in! Ack.

Fortunately there's a simple solution: lie; tell them what they want to hear! ;)

In 1Password, go to Settings > 1Browser > User Agent, and set it to Safari (Mac). Nobody gets hurt, and you can then log in normally at https://www.accountonline.com/cards/svc/LoginGet.do

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• betsyhauge
    betsyhauge
    Community Member
    edited October 2015
    Options

Still struggling.. now Oct. 2. iPhone 1password version 5.5. I did above, tried changing user agent to Safari(Mac) and Safari(iPhone).
    Citi site reverts to citimobile.citibank.com both from a direct access from 1Password, and from opening Safari and using the "share" button to access 1password information. A few months ago, citi had me change the address for logging in on the Macbook pro to online.citi.com (from account online.com). That won't work with 1password on the iPhone either. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@betsyhauge: Yep. They changed it again. Now it's redirecting. It seems like they really, really want us to use their app instead of the website on our phones, Betsy... :cry:

The good news is that, for now, I was able to get it working by doing the following:

1. Set 1Password Settings > 1Browser > User Agent to Safari (iPad) (or Mac)
    2. Edit your Login item to add the following URL: https://www.accountonline.com/cards/svc/LoginGet.do
    3. Login normally

Alternatively, if you also save this second URL, you can use it in Safari with the 1Password extension: https://citimobile.citibankonline.com/GMP/JSO/presignon/launch.action#signon

The bad news is that they may change this around again in the future. But if that happens, just let me know and I'll be happy to fire up my Citi login to help you out. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.