upgraded my i-phone 5 to .90 and now my password does not work

jrizzo
jrizzo
Community Member

I have an I-phone 5 and just tried to upgrade to .09 and my password program kicks me out after each login. why?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:upgraded my i-phone 5 to .90 and now my password does not work

Comments

• Hi @jrizzo,

Thanks for taking the time to write to us. Unfortunate I'm not entirely sure I follow what the difficulty is. I take it you are using 1Password for iOS on your iPhone 5? And you recently installed an update/upgrade (for what?)?

Could you please let me know:
    1) What version of 1Password you are using (instructions)
    2) What version of iOS you are using
    3) What you're trying to do, what happens, and what you were expecting to happen? Listing out the exact steps you are taking would be very helpful in determining where things may be going wrong.

Thanks!

Ben

• jrizzo
    jrizzo
    Community Member

I know what my basic problem is: my version is very old 3.7.2 installed around November, 2012, however one time I tried to update to the next version and it locked me out completely. I had to go to my back up and restore it to this version to make it work. I installed .90 on my i-phone 5 and now after each time I go in to retrieve a password it kicks me completely out of the program. I have depended on this for so long, I am afraid to even try to update this program on my phone. Help!!!!!
    Julie

• Thanks for the additional information, @jrizzo. I'm still unclear about what '.90' is. Do you mean iOS 9? If so, 1Password 3 for iOS is not compatible with iOS 9. You'd need to upgrade to 1Password 6 for iOS to get iOS 9 support.

You can download 1Password 6 for iOS here:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/1password-password-manager/id568903335?mt=8&uo=4&at=10l4Hf&pt=11798&ct=site
    It will install alongside 1Password 3 for iOS.

And you can find upgrade instructions here:
    https://support.1password.com/upgrade-ios/#1password-3-7-1-or-earlier

Please do not remove 1Password 3 for iOS from your device until you are certain you've got all of your data within 1Password 6 for iOS. Once you remove the v3 app the data contained within is also removed and becomes unrecoverable.

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.