I have an iPhone 6 with iOS9. I have a Mac with Yosemite (10.10.4)

irishfxm
irishfxm
Community Member
edited October 2015 in Mac

Will 1PW work w El Capitan?

1Password Version: 5.03
Extension Version: ?
OS Version: OS X 10.10.4
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: kb:icloud-faq, kb:icloud-troubleshooting, kb:icloud-faq, kb:icloud-troubleshooting, kb:icloud-troubleshooting-reset-cloud-data

Comments

• irishfxm
    irishfxm
    Community Member
    edited October 2015

I recently upgraded to iOS9 on my iPhone 6. I have current versions of 1PW on both iPhone and MacBook
    downloaded from App Store for each. As you can see I have not upgraded to the current Mac OS (El Capitan)
    I have not been able to get my Apple devices to sync and wondered if I need to upgrade to 1PW for EL Capitan (If available)
    to solve this issue. Please advise. I did all the simple stuff like iCloud drive off/on, reboot Mac, etc. As a possible related piece
    of info from the Apple tech who I was working with we confirmed that iCloud is syncing BUT the Notes app on the iPhone,
    since it is totally new app, will not sync the new Notes to my Mac but does sync to iCloud.com since Mac is still on Yosemite.
    Apple says new Notes app will only sync directly to Mac Notes if it is on El Capitan. I only share this Apple laundry with you to see if you could think it could be related to my 1PW problem not syncing between Mac and iPhone. Thanks for reviewing.

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @irishfxm,

1Password 5 for Mac definitely works on El Capitan. Some folks have been experiencing a hiccup here or there, but nothing we can't help smooth out, and nothing show-stopping.

Your 1Password vaults should be able to sync fine between 1Password 5 on Yosemite and 1Password 6 on iOS, so upgrading to El Cap probably won't magically fix any sync problem you're having. But we can help.

Can you explain a bit more about what happens when you try to sync? It sounds like you want to use iCloud, so I'll direct you to this iCloud Sync Troubleshooting article first, and you can let us know if anything there applies to you or helps the problem. Can you please also verify that you're using the version of 1Password from the Mac App Store on your Mac (as opposed to the version from the AgileBits Store)?

• irishfxm
    irishfxm
    Community Member
    edited October 2015

Thanks Vee,
    Regarding your question about what happens when I try to sync. I sync using iCloud so the sync happens automatically
    in the background. I am using both 1PW for Mac from App Store as well as 1PW for iOS for iPhone from App Store.

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2015

Hi @irishfxm,

Sorry if I'm missing something, but I think I may not full understand the issue.

You have said:

I have not been able to get my Apple devices to sync

and

I sync using iCloud so the sync happens automatically in the background.

These two statements seem a bit contradictory to me. So would you mind please restating in detail what problem, if any, you are having with 1Password sync? Thanks very much!

• irishfxm
    irishfxm
    Community Member
    edited October 2015

Sorry Vee,
    I meant that my devices are syncing w iCloud. But, passwords I set up w 1PW on Mac are not "Syncing" to iPhone. I can not access my 2 banking logins with passwords set up on 1PW on Mac. I need to use the old PWs that I set up on iPhone before installing 1PW on both devices.

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for clarifying that, @irishfxm. We can help you fix this.

I'd like to start with some Diagnostics Reports, one each from your Mac and iPhone. Here are instructions on how to create and send those Diagnostics Reports:

Attach the Diagnostics Reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Reports in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and look into it quickly. :)

Once we see the reports, we'll continue the conversation via email. We should be able to get your data syncing properly. Thanks in advance!

• irishfxm
    irishfxm
    Community Member

How do I create a Link to this thread so I can attach to Diagnostics Report as requested.

• irishfxm
    irishfxm
    Community Member

[#SEH-61687-182]

• Thanks, @irishfxm, we've received your report and will respond as soon as we've had a chance to review it and come up with the next troubleshooting step.

Ben

• irishfxm
    irishfxm
    Community Member
    edited October 2015

Thanks, Ben.
    I sent report from Mac and iPhone.
    Did you receive both?

• Jacob
    edited October 2015

@irishfxm Both of them did indeed come through. We'll be in touch soon! :pirate:

ref: SEH-61687-182

This discussion has been closed.