1password won't hide on startup

Options
HeadSpaceDude
HeadSpaceDude
Community Member
edited October 2015 in Mac

I have my 1password to load at start up by way of my login items. I have checked the box for it to hide when it starts but I still see the login window for it. Why is this and how do I stop it?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

I can't answer your technical question about stopping 1Password from asking for your master password. But I am puzzled about why you would want to put this in your startup applications if you didn't want to enter your master password. Having it run without doing that would be pretty useless, since the only way to make any use of the application is to open it so you can access your data. And there is no way, after a shutdown, to avoid needing to enter your master password when you first open it. That's for your own security.

Perhaps I'm missing the point.

• HeadSpaceDude
    HeadSpaceDude
    Community Member
    Options

I'm not wanting to do that. I want it to start at logon but not show the main window that is all but with the hide box ticked I still see it.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Well, I'll defer to the developers here, but I can't see how you could open 1Password ever without seeing the master password screen and entering the password. It really can't be open until it's given the master password. Otherwise, it's closed.

But perhaps someone with more information about what happens when you open 1Password than I have will have more to say.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @HeadSpaceDude,

The real process, the key part of 1Password is 1Password mini which should be loading on startup by way of launchd. If you can see our 1Password icon in the OS X menu bar then it has loaded. When you launch 1Password it's really just opening a window rather than loading the entire application. Does this snippet of knowledge possibly adjust how you would like to interact with 1Password?

This discussion has been closed.