New Discussion button missing [blocked due to employer network policies]

Options
Jacob
edited October 2015 in Lounge
This discussion was created from comments split from: LastPass Exodus.

Comments

• mbnocx
    mbnocx
    Community Member
    Options

I'd love to ask some questions on this forum but there is no option to start a new discussion. How does one go about doing that? I've been using various forum software for years but am stuck here. Thanks to LastPass I am spending a lot more time trying to get support here than I'd ever give a company in the past. Hopefully I can start to get some answers soon.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited October 2015
    Options

@mbnocx,

There is a New Discussion button here:

Do you not see that button when you are logged in?

• mbnocx
    mbnocx
    Community Member
    Options

No new discussion button... logging out and then back in to see if it shows up. I am using Google Chrome but this should be supported.

• mbnocx
    mbnocx
    Community Member
    Options

Still no 'New Discussion' button. I logged in with IE 11 now and still the same. :(

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mbnocx: Chrome is supported. I'm using it right now! I also use other browsers from time to time, and I'm simply not having any trouble there either. I double-checked, and there don't appear to be any odd permissions issues on your account.

Do you have the same issue on another device? Since only you seem to be having this unique problem, I wonder if it's something systemic, or related to the way you're configuring your browsers. Are you using Javascript-blocking extensions or security software that would be filtering elements of webpages? It sounds like you're using Windows, but without knowing some more basic information about your configuration I can only guess what might be wrong in your case. Please let me know what you find! :)

• mbnocx
    mbnocx
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the response brenty. I know what is causing the issue. My employer blocks all websites that are listed with the Web Category as "N/A" according to Cisco Senderbase. It appears that several of the graphics on this site are actually located on the domain data-vocabulary.org. :) Because that site is unknown to Cisco, this entire site looks very different from my work computer. Below is the link to Cisco's analysis of data-vocabulary.org. Unfortunately there isn't much I can do there except access the site from my smartphone which is how I posted a couple of other topics the other day.

http://www.senderbase.org/lookup/?search_string=data-vocabulary.org

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mbnocx: Fascinating! The forum software integrates with Google, so that makes sense (data-vocabulary.org is a Google-owned domain). I guess I'm just surprised that Cisco isn't aware of that (or that their software isn't from simply scraping the WHOIS).

That definitely seems inconvenient, but I suppose it's up to your employer and out of your hands. Thanks for the info! :)

This discussion has been closed.